Intermediate – Kiteboarder Level 2 in the water (6-8 hours)
Level 2F – Downwind drag
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite.
- Water re-launch the kite.
- First body drag downwind.
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window.
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging.
- Recover the kite and bar in the water.
Level 2G – Upwind drag
- Upwind body drag to recover board.
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand.
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging.
Level 2H – Steady pull
- Know the power stroke for a water start.
- Know the safety rules and theory for water start.
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start.
Level 2I – Waterstart
- Water start in both directions and ride a short distance.
- Come to a controlled stop.
- Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects.
- Determine the wind strength, direction and quality.
- Know the right of way rules.
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions.